West Wimmera Health Service has presented the entire organisation for a variety of accreditation surveys conducted by independent surveyors.
The result - West Wimmera Health Service enjoys optimum accreditation across all services, programs and activities.
|Type of Accreditation||Outcome|
Australian Council of Healthcare Standards (EQuIP5)
- Organisational wide survey conducted in December 2012
- Full, four year accreditation status awarded
- Outstanding Achievement was conferred in two areas, Research and the work undertaken to improve Buildings, Signage and Equipment – awards that acknowledges the leadership West Wimmera Health Service demonstrates for others.
|Aged Care Standards and Accreditation Agency (ACCA)|
- ACCA conducted surveys of all Residential Aged Care Facilities during 2012 – 13 with this Service gaining full three year accreditation status, with compliance in all 44 criteria;
- Subsequent ‘Unannounced Site Visits’ have occurred at all homes and maintenance of full accreditation status was achieved
Home and Community Care (HACC)
- In December 2012 all HACC programs were surveyed against the National Community Care Common Standards; full compliance was attained in all standards
|Disability Services Accreditation|
- A review by International Standards Certifications was undertaken in July 2012 against Disability Service Standards, with full and ongoing compliance noted
|Diagnostic Imaging (X-Ray)|
- A Stage II Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Audit was conducted by Health and Disability Accreditation Australia with full accreditation status granted: valid from 16 May 2012 to 16 May 2016
|Community Aged Care Packages (CACP) and National Respite for Carers Program (NCRP)|
- The Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing reviewed the CACP and NRCP programs in September 2012 with each program successfully meeting the National Community Care Common Standards.