The Nhill campus is the hub of West Wimmera Health Service and most services span out from here to our other sites.
Situated on the Western Highway exactly midway between the capital cities of Melbourne and Adelaide and 45 minutes from the South Australian border, the Nhill Hospital is ideally placed for patients and clients to access the specialist care available at this hospital.
Emergency transfers by air ambulance are also available with the well appointed Nhill Aerodrome only 5 minutes from the hospital.
- 35 Acute Beds in a cutting edge new hospital offering General Medical / Surgical care, a Dialysis Unit, as well as ENT, Orthopaedic, Oral / Dental, Ophthalmology, Gynaecology specialist surgical procedures in a modern well equipped Operating Suite.
- 4 Hostel places
- 26 Nursing Home places
- Radiology services include X-ray, Ultrasound and CT scans.
The new up to the minute Medical Clinic opened in June 2013 is co-located with the Hospital and open 9.00 AM – 5.00 PM Monday to Friday and Saturday morning.
For appointments call (03) 5391 1900
24 Hour Urgent Care is available by calling (03) 5391 4222
Allied and Community Health Services
- Adult Day Centre
- Diabetes Education
- District Nursing
- Exercise Groups
- Health Education and Promotion
- Massage Therapy
- Maternal & Child Health
- Occupational Therapy
- Rural Primary Health Service
- Social Work
- Speech Therapy
- National Respite for Carers
- Community Aged Care Packages
- Home & Community Care
- Consumer Directed Care Packages
Appointments for all services are available by calling (03) 5391 4267
Appointments for Maternal & Child Health Nurse call (03) 5391 1287 or text 0429 911 287