Social Work & Welfare
The Social Work and Welfare Department provides a wide range of services, including:
- Counselling for individuals, couples and families.
- Support for parenting, grief, trauma and crisis.
- Referral to services such as housing, employment and legal services.
- Help with Centrelink payments.
- Financial counselling and emergency relief.
- Support for child protection and from domestic violence.
Our service is free and confidential.
You will be able to meet with the social worker in a private office at Nhill, or a visit to your home or other location can be arranged. We regularly visit Kaniva, Jeparit, Rainbow, Natimuk and Goroke.
The Social Workers are available in Nhill Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.00pm, and can travel to any site as needed.
The Social Workers are available in Murtoa Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.00pm, and can travel to Minyip / Rupanyup as needed.
For further details contact West Wimmera Health Service on (03) 5391 4222.