Private Health Benefits
Using your Private Health Insurance will benefit you and West Wimmera Health Service
We encourage patients who are admitted to our hospitals to use their Private Health Insurance. The benefits of being admitted as a Private Patient are twofold:
- Private patients are admitted to a single room whenever possible.
- A Private Patient Welcome Pack awaits you on arrival
- ‘A la carte’ menu and beverage selection
- Free television, internet and telephone use
- Daily newspaper
- Use of hotel-style bath sheet and robe
- We assist with claims for all accounts associated with medical, pathology and radiology services
- If you have ‘excess’ as part of your Insurance, charges which are more than the agreed fee will be waived guaranteeing you will not be out of pocket for any services associated with your hospital care.
Health Service Benefit
The Service is able to claim from your health insurance fund the fees associated with your stay in hospital. By choosing to be treated as a private patient you are helping West Wimmera Health Service to maintain facilities and provide more equipment and services and you will be making a real contribution to the future of local health services.